Definition: Mortality is incidence of death in a population. It is measured in various ways, often by the probability that a randomly selected individual in a population at some date and location would die in some period of time. Contrast to morbidity.
Terms related to Mortality:
- The Great Mortality - Facing Death
- What Causes Child Mortality?
- Top 10 Causes of Mortality for All Ages in the United States
Books on Mortality:
- Markets and Mortality: Economics, Dangerous Work, and the Value of Human Life
- The Mortality Crisis in Transitional Economies Life under Pressure: Mortality and Living Standards in Europe and Asia, 1700-1900