Miscellaneous Topics in Economics
By Jodi Beggs
- General Economics
- Macroeconomic Policy and Current Events
- Financial Markets
- Behavioral Economics
- Game Theory
- Notable Economists
- Advice for Economics Students
- Economics Graduate School
- The Price System
- Commodity Prices
This section contains articles on economics in general.
- What Is Economics?
- Microeconomics Versus Macroeconomics
- Economics as the "Dismal Science?"
- Positive Versus Normative Analysis in Economics
Macroeconomic Policy and Current Events
This section includes articles concerning macroeconomic policy, especially as it relates to current events.
- The Reinhart-Rogoff Austerity Controversy
- The Cyprus Financial Crisis
- Quantitative Easing
- Introduction to Chained CPI
- The Federal Reserve System
This section covers topics having to do with finance and financial markets.
This section covers topics within the field of behavioral economics.
This section contains articles on the field of economics known as game theory.
Information about famous economists and winners of The Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel.
- Awards and Honors for Economists
- Dan Ariely
- Ben Bernanke
- Ronald Coase
- Irving Fisher
- Austan Goolsbee
- Alan Krueger
Advice for Economics Students
Are you an economics student that needs general advice? Look no further.
- Why Study Economics?
- How To Study For Your Economics Exam
- How To Write Different Types of Economics Exams
- How To Get the Most out of your Economics Class
- How To Ace Your Econometrics Test
- How To Taking Reading Notes for Your Economics Class
- How To Take Lecture Notes in Your Economics Class
Economics Graduate School
Thinking of doing graduate work in Economics? See these resources before you apply.
- Why Get an Economics Ph.D?
- Choosing a Graduate School in Economics
- Economics Graduate School Atmosphere
- Where Can I Get Economics Department Rankings?
- Which Graduate Programs Are Keynesian?
- One Student's PhD Economics Experience
- Books to Study Before Going to Graduate School in Economics
- More Books for Economics Graduate School
The Price System
A look at the role prices play to the economy and to individual decision making. Who determines prices, and how?
- How Markets Use Information To Set Prices
- Why Does a Stock Go Down in Price When There Is a Big Sell Off?
- When Stock Prices Go Down, Where Does the Money Go?
- Why Don't Prices Decline During A Recession?
- Do Changes in Stock Prices Cause Recessions?
An examination of what economic factors causes commodity prices to fluctuate and conversely what impact fluctuating commodity prices have on the economy.